Summer Camp Assistant
The Greenwood School in Mill Valley is seeking a summer camp assistant for the school's third annual early childhood summer camp. Summer Camp Information
We seek an assistant to work in summer camp who will provide an exceptional nurturing environment for our early childhood summer camp. The ideal candidate has experience working with students ages 3.5-6 years old, guiding in a calm, kind manner. The summer camp assistant collaborates with the lead teacher and other summer camp teachers to guide and support the children. Duties include working with the lead teacher to best support the children's growth and development through preparing daily snack, making arts and crafts, monitoring and guiding the children through the daily rhythm and tidying the classroom. Willingness to support Waldorf education is a must, though experience in a Waldorf classroom is not required.
Employment dates and times:
July 31 - August 4: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
August 7-11: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
- 12 early childhood education credits for the 11:00 am-6:00 pm position
- Pass a background check
- Current health screening and TB test per childcare licensing requirements
- Certified in CPR and first aid training
Candidates will demonstrate:
- Comfort and capability with children ages 3.5 to 6 years of age
- Interest in and warmth for the children
- Willingness to collaborate with lead and assistant teachers
- Commitment to supporting Waldorf educational principles
Pay is $20-25/hour DOE.
Interested parties can email email@example.com. Please include a resume and a letter of interest. Positions are available until filled.