Greenwood School offers a rich experiential and academic curriculum from early childhood through eighth grade. Our program cultivates imagination, love of nature, and the spirit of inquiry. The Greenwood School community of families, faculty, and staff share a deep commitment to creating a healthy foundation for every student’s intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and spiritual growth. Our graduates distinguish themselves in and beyond high school as independent, creative thinkers who act with integrity and make a positive contribution to our world.
Greenwood School is committed to:
- Classroom Excellence
- Our teachers develop a deep understanding of each child by remaining with their class for many years. It’s how we perfect differentiated teaching.
- The curriculum is integrated across subjects—including art, music and environmental studies—engaging the student’s brain throughout the day.
- The teachers model an inquiring mind and give the students the experience of critical thinking by shaping each lesson around asking the right questions, not giving answers to be memorized.
- Eco-literacy and environmental studies are essential parts of the curriculum, fostering reverence for nature and stewardship of the environment.
- We view relationships as the basis for the development of inner strength in our students.
- The teachers, staff and parents create a village within the school that exists for support, strength and guidance.
- We partner with local organizations for the betterment of the community in which we live.
AT A GLANCE
- Founded in 1994
- Head of School: Shaheer Faltas
- Grades: Kindergarten—Eighth
- Classrooms per grade level: 1 (Kindergarten = 2)
- Student-faculty ratio: 6:1
- Average class size: 14 students
- Enrollment: 135 students